Track: Transpersonal Psychology, Psychotherapy and Clinical Studies
Intuition and intention
Intuition is finally being recognized as a powerful tool in many fields of endeavor, including science, medicine, the arts, and business. Intuition is more of a heartfelt energy than an intellectual one. An open and loving heart and a compassionate perspective seem to enhance the intuitive process. We have found intuition to be powerful and of practical use in our respective professions and in our daily lives, especially when integrated with rigorous analysis and conventional problem solving.
- involved in the treatment and research of mood disorders since 1959
- in transpersonal activities since 1962
- utilized Holotropic Breathwork with major depressions and bipolar disorders
- practiced psychiatry in Canada, USA, Germany, Czech Republic
- National Institute of Mental Health, USA1977-1978
- Expert of World Health Organization 1985–2000
- Clinical Director and Director of Mood Disorder Research of the Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada 1988-2005.
- presently Director of the Mood Disorder Center, Ottawa, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
- authored/co-authored 470 papers and 3 books.